1875 Barker and Co. Directory - Kirby Muxloe
Records

1875 Barker and Co. Directory - Kirby Muxloe

The following transcription is the Kirby Muxloe section from the 1875 Barker and Co.'s Directory of Leicestershire

KIRBY MUXLOE is a township, chapelry, and railway station, in the parish of Glenfield, 4½ miles from Leicester; population, 342; inhabited houses, 77. The Church, dedicated to St. Bartho1omew, is an ancient edifice, with a low tower. The living is a Curacy annexed to the Rectory of Glenfield. Patron, R. G. Pochin, Esq., who is Lord of the Manor. The Rev. Henry Bowman is the Curate. Here are the ruins of a castellated mansion, formerly belonging to the Hastings' family. Letters via Leicester, which is the nearest Money Order office.

Astile James, farmer

Beaumont James, farmer

Beaumont Thomas, farmer

Bennett John, corn merchant

Bowman Rev. Henry, curate, Kirby cottage

Brown Robert, farmer

Chesterton Edward, blacksmith

Colpas James, Royal Oak

Cufflin Thomas, miller

Ellis Joseph & Sons, coal and lime merchants

Flude Daniel, shoemaker

Flude WiIliam, baker

Gill George Womack, farmer

Harrison Samuel, wheelwright

Hudson Hefford, butcher

Hudson William, shopkeeper

Lee James, farmer

Lines William, shoemaker

Mee Gilbert, farmer

Miles Edward Pares, Esq.

MitchelI Thomas, schoolmaster

Neal William, carpenter

Stretton Simeon, Ashby shrubs

Tunnicliff Henry, butcher

Wilkinson Mrs. Ann, Railway Inn